Introduction – Tesco and Volkswagen Electric Car Charging Partnership
Tesco teamed up with Volkswagen to offer electric car charging points at Tesco stores across the UK. The move comes as part of Tesco’s commitment to helping customers reduce their carbon footprints and make Tesco a more sustainable place to shop. Volkswagen will provide the charging points, which it will install in Tesco car parks, and Tesco will provide the electricity. Tesco electric car charging points will be available to all customers, regardless of what make or model of the car they drive.
Unfortunately, as of Nov 2022, Tesco is no longer allowing electric vehicle drivers to charge their cars for free at their stores. The retailer initially offered free charging at 100 stores in 2019, and then expanded to 500 stores in March 2022. During this time, EV drivers have benefited from over 86 million miles of free electric driving.
How To Use Tesco Electric Car Charging?
Tesco electric car charging is a great way to save money on your electric car bill. The process is easy, and you can save up to 50% on your bill by using This electric car charging. Here’s how it works:
Of course, first you’ll need to find a Tesco store with an electric car charging station. Over 1,000 Tesco stores in the UK currently have electric car charging stations. Once you’ve found a Tesco store with an electric car charging station, you’ll need to park your car in one of the designated parking spots. Following our step-by-step instructions below.
Step-By-Step Instruction Guide To Using Tesco Powerpoint Rapid Charger
1. Plug-In: The upper display will flash for you to plug in. Open the little flap to plug in the Powerpoint Charger Rapid Charger for CHAdeMO.
2. Present Payment Card Or Phone: The handle light will turn red and the system will beep. The upper display will flash to pay. The payment screen will ask you to “Present Card”. You can use Apple Pay or a contactless payment card. Present your chip card to the reader and wait for it to say “Processing, remove card.”
3. Press Start: The upper display will flash the Start button. Press the start button to begin charging. The red lock button will come on. Note that the upper display will show your remaining battery capacity.
4. Go Shopping: Leave and go your shopping. When you come back, the upper display will show the progress.
5. Present Payment Card Again: The upper display will flash the payment card again. Present your card to the reader to tell it that you are finished charging.
6. Press Stop: Press the stop button and wait for the handle to click and the upper display flash “disconnect”.
7. Disconnect: Disconnect the charger and pop it back in. You’re done!
Once the car charging process is complete, you’ll be able to drive away with a fuller tank of electricity. Using this electric car charging, you can expect to save up to 50% on your electric car bill.
Is Tesco Free Electric Car Charging?
No, Tesco electric car charging is not free. It used to be free. Now it will cost on a per kWh basis. These electric car charging stations are located in the parking lot, and there is a fee to use them. The Tesco electric car charging stations are available to anyone with an electric car and are a convenient way to charge your car while you shop.
At Tesco, you can park for free for the first few hours, but after that, there’s a charge. The best way to avoid this fee is to plan your shopping trip around when you charge your car. This way, you can shop and charge your car simultaneously, and you won’t have to worry about paying the fee.
Tesco also offers a home electric car charging service, a convenient way to charge your car at home. Tesco offers many services to help you save money on your electric car and is committed to helping you save money on your transportation costs. Tesco is a great place to shop for all your electric car needs.
Cost Of Charging
This table indicates the cost per kilowatt-hour (kWh) for each type of charger provided by Tesco. Please remember that the total cost would also depend on how much energy your specific vehicle requires to charge.
|Charger Type (kW)||Cost per kWh|
How Long Does It Take To Charge An Electric Car At Tesco?
Tesco electric car charging stations are becoming increasingly popular as more and more people look for ways to reduce their carbon emissions. But how long does it take to charge an electric car at Tesco? The answer depends on a few factors, including the type of charger and the size of the car’s battery. Tesco offers Level 2 and Level 3 chargers, which can charge a car’s battery much faster than a standard household outlet.
Level 2 chargers deliver up to 7 kilowatts of power, while Level 3 chargers offer up to 50 kilowatts. Tesco also offers a variety of adapter plugs to accommodate different types of cars. The amount of time it takes to charge an electric car also depends on the size of the battery.
A small battery may only take an hour or two to charge, while a larger battery may take four hours or more. Tesco’s electric car charging stations are a convenient way to reduce your carbon footprint, and with a little planning, you can ensure that your car is always charged and ready to go.
Tips For Using Tesco Electric Car Charging
Tesco offers electric car charging at many of its stores across the country. These electric car charging stations are a great way to charge your car while you shop. Here are some tips for using these electric car charging stations:
- Be sure to have your Tesco Club card when you charge your car. You’ll need it to activate the charger.
- Charging times will vary depending on the type of charger you’re using. Level 2 chargers are the fastest, followed by Level 1 chargers. Tesco also offers a Fast Charge option for some cars.
- Tesco electric car chargers are free to use for Clubcard holders. Non-members can use the chargers for a fee.
- Unplug the charger from your car and the socket when you’re finished charging. Tesco electric car chargers must be returned to their storage location before you leave the store.
Tesco electric car charging is quick and easy, but there are a few things you can do to make sure it goes smoothly.
First, check that your Tesco Clubcard is up to date. You’ll need your Tesco Clubcard number to charge your car. If you don’t have a Tesco Clubcard, you can sign up for one at the Tesco website.
Second, make sure you have the right adapter for your car. These electric car charging stations work with all standard household electrical outlets, but you may need a special adapter for your car. You can find adapters at most auto parts stores.
Third, check the weather forecast. Tesco electric car charging stations are weather-resistant, but it’s always best to charge your car in milder weather conditions.
Finally, if you have any problems, Tesco customer service is available 24/7 to help you troubleshoot. With these tips, your electric car charging will be a breeze!
In conclusion, Tesco’s electric car charging stations are a great way to reduce your carbon footprint. They’re easy to use, and with a little planning, you can make sure your car is always charged and ready to go. Thanks for reading!