This holiday season, why not give your gifts an extra special touch by using recycled wrapping paper? Not only will you be helping the environment, but you’ll also be adding a unique and festive touch to your presents. In this blog post, we will share seven eco-friendly recycled wrapping paper ideas that are sure to please everyone on your list.
Introduction To Recycled Wrapping Paper
Who would have thought that recycled wrapping paper could be so chic? Not only is it eco-friendly, but it also has a unique, handmade look that is sure to impress your holiday guests.
Recycled wrapping paper is made from post-consumer materials, such as newspapers, magazines, and office paper. The paper is then shredded and reconstituted into new sheets. Unlike traditional wrapping paper, this may have a slightly textured finish and uneven edges. But this only adds to its rustic charm! Best of all, recycled wrapping paper is easy to find and relatively inexpensive.
Top 7 Eco-Friendly Recycled Wrapping Paper Ideas
1. Kraft Paper
Most papers aren’t as strong as kraft or brown paper, which is one of the most environmentally friendly options. The natural unbleached brown color is available in a variety of hues. Both the material and the packaging can be recycled. You may use the unique characteristics of Kraft paper to create environmentally responsible gift wrap.
A soy wax candle or a disposable coffee cup wrapped in kraft paper lends a rustic air to the present.
2. Parchment Paper
It’s easy to carry this eco-friendly gift bag anywhere. It’s likewise white, but the opaque nature of the paper prevents others from seeing what you’ve given them. To maximize the value of your gift, use parchment paper instead of wrapping paper. It’s a win-win situation since they get their present and can bake with the wrapping paper. Unwrapping a gift without ruining the wrapping paper is simply because of the low adhesive strength of parchment paper.
3. Tissue Paper
Tissue wrapping paper is similar to toilet paper, but it’s much thicker and more durable. In addition to being compostable, it is available in a range of colors.
Wrapping paper made from recycled materials can be a valuable addition to your compost once it’s used.
4. Recycled Paper Notebooks
Recycled paper notebooks make great wrapping paper, and there are plenty of ways to dress them up to give your gifts a unique look. Best of all, using recycled paper reduces waste and helps to protect the environment.
To start, simply remove the cover from the notebook and cut the pages along the spine. You can then use the pages as is, or decorate them with stamps, stencils, or ribbon. If you want to get creative, try folding the paper into origami shapes or creating your patterned designs.
5. Seed Paper
Plantable paper is available here. Seed paper is manufactured from recycled paper that contains seeds. When it’s time to wrap your gifts, consider using a piece of paper that can be buried in the ground to grow flowers.
You may start your flower garden and save paper at the same time. If you’re looking for eco-friendly presents for kids, seed paper is a great option because not only can they appreciate the contents but you can watch the plants grow as well.
Use a paper envelope to present more delicate presents, such as necklaces, earrings, and charms. You will discover that this is one of the simplest ways to wrap presents in a way that is kind to the environment. To complete this step, simply place your present inside the envelope and secure the flap.
7. Recycled Paper Greetings
You’ve probably received a recycled paper greeting at some point- maybe even given one. They come in all sorts of colors and patterns and can be a fun way to send a message. But did you know that recycled paper greetings can also be recycled wrapping paper?
Just save up your old cards (or ask friends and family to hold onto theirs), and when you need wrapping paper, cut or tear the cards into pieces. You can use them as is, or you can decorate them with stamps, markers, or other embellishments.
Tips For Gift-Wrapping Using Recycled Wrapping Paper
Looking for a way to make your holiday gift-wrapping more environmentally friendly? Here are tips to help you get started:
1. Use recycled ribbon and bows. Just like wrapping paper, ribbons and bows can also be from recycled materials. Look for products that are from recycled post-consumer waste.
2. Avoid using tapes and glues. If possible, avoid using tapes and glues when wrapping gifts. Instead, use eco-friendly alternatives like twine or hemp cord.
3. Reuse packaging materials. Don’t throw away those old boxes and packing peanuts, you may use recycled gift wrap. Reuse them to wrap your gifts, and then recycle them when you’re done.
Benefits Of Using A Recycled Wrapping Paper
Here are some of the benefits of using recycled wrapping paper:
1. It’s better for the environment. It is made from post-consumer materials, which means it’s recyclable and won’t end up in a landfill.
2. It’s often cheaper. Because it’s made from recycled materials, it is often less expensive than traditional wrapping paper.
3. It can be more unique. Recycled wrapping paper comes in a variety of colors and patterns, so you can find something that stands out.
4. It’s often stronger. Because it’s made from tougher materials, recycled wrapping paper is less likely to tear or crumple when you’re trying to wrap a present.
5. It sends a positive message. By using this, you’re sending a message that you care about the environment and want to make a difference.
Here’s the bottom line: it’s a better choice than paper made from virgin tree fiber. Recycled paper uses far less water and energy to produce, and creates far fewer greenhouse gas emissions. It’s also more durable than non-recycled paper, so it will hold up better under the weight of heavy gifts. So if you’re looking for wrapping paper that’s earth-friendly and will make your gifts look great, go ahead and choose recycled. Your wallet and the planet will thank you!