The basic science of climate change might be simple, but the full picture is very complicated and hard to communicate well.
Part of what I do here at Shrink is to try and explain complex ideas with simple language and graphics.
This the process helps me improve my own understanding of carbon and climate.
The Big Picture for Normal People
- Climate Science for Beginners
- 9 Charts That Explain the Global Carbon Budget
- Global Carbon Emissions and Sinks Since 1750
- Greenhouse Gas Emissions Explained, with 7 Balloons
- 22 Years Till We Blow the Carbon Budget
- Burning the Carbon Sink
- Carbon Emissions Explained with Lego (video)
- The Carbon Trade (3 part series)
- Explaining US Carbon Emissions Decline
Carbon Footprints For People
- What is Your Carbon Footprint?
- The Carbon Foodprint of 5 Diets Compared
- Electricity Emissions Around The World
- 5 Elements of Sustainable Transport
- The 60-15 Rule of Carbon Footprints
Our 10 Step Guide to Shrink
- 1: What is a carbon footprint?
- 2: What is climate change?
- 3: Carbon targets for your footprint
- 4: Calculate your carbon footprint
- 5: Shrink your housing footprint
- 6: Shrink your travel footprint
- 7: Shrink your food footprint
- 8: Shrink your product footprint
- 9: Shrink your service footprint
- 10: Take further climate action